August 29, 2013

Apocalypse Now

I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the flood of apocalyptic books, movies, and T.V. shows since the Hunger Games came onto the scene has often made me wonder why there aren't zombies walking down the street with me. Or aliens beaming me on board their mother ship. Or societal breakdowns occurring, forcing individuals to turn on one another…

All joking aside the new fad has produced a plethora of good and bad novels to potentially read. Since no one all the time in the world, especially in a dystopian world, we decided to make some bookmarks that you can pick up in the Teen Department, which list the books the library has that fall along these “end of the world” themes. They are listed in descending order of what I enjoyed the most.

Take a look!


Some of them are still a work in progress, but these will let you know what we have and what we like if Derek or I are not behind the desk.

Let us know what you think!

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment